Lazy River Fall Festival
October 15, 2022 10am - 6pm
Our Festival was a huge success this year! HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VENDORS! You all rocked this festival! And another HUGE THANK YOU to all the kids, parents, participants, sponsors West Georgia Balloon and Party, Lazy River Rentals, & West Georgia Party in the Yard! We appreciate everyone that supported us even just showing up. Can't wait to see you all in 2023!
Patricia, Joey, Allen, Jaimie & Madison
Would you like to spend a day & be transported back
in time as if it were 20, 30, or even 50 years ago?
Well you have finally found that one family event where you can make memories!
This year there will be many fairs & festivals but none such as this.
Come out to experience an old fashioned country fair this year! That's right just like it used to be old fashioned!
There will be some vendors but we are planning a great family fun oriented day where the young & old will be transported to days of old.
Bring your picnic basket and blanket there is plenty to do all day.
We have so many things planned for some good old family fun. Most everything is payable with our tickets 20 tickets for 10.00.
Detailed schedule to follow soon but here is a lineup of what we are planning so far:
Master of ceremonies - Joe Addison
- Little Miss River Pageant - no entry fee - Entrants must be at the main stage by 9AM for check in!
- Girls 6-12 - we will have a few questions for the girls &
- Overalls, T Shirt or Flannel shirt, boots (no makeup, no flippers, no wigs) we just want to see our country girls!
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Winners will receive...details coming soon w quite a few prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners but a crown for sure for our 1st place Miss River! We would like Little Miss River to represent us and come back next year to give her crown to the next winner.
- Duck Race - that's right live baby ducks racing in 3 heats! Best racer's will get 1st, 2nd & 3rd place ribbons with the winner of the 3 heats to get best in show ribbon & a baby duck to take home. - 4 tickets to enter a duck
- Dunk tank - come and dunk your favorite river person. We will have a few to choose from! - 5.00 for 3 balls, dunk them in that freezing water!!!
- Best Jam or Jelly & Pie Contests - winner's will be picked by the public - they taste the jelly & vote for y'all! "Best of" get placement ribbons with a best in show overall for both categories. Entries in by 11:30AM - Voting closes at 2:30pm & Announcing winners at 3:30pm - 4 Tickets
- 3 Legged race -3 heats - placement ribbons & best of ribbons awarded - 4 Tickets pp
- Sack races - 3 heats - placement ribbons & best of ribbons awarded - 4 Tickets pp
- Tug of War - PIck your team! 3 heats, then best of with ribbons to best teams who we hope will come back next year to defend their title - 4 Tickets pp
- Best beard contest - Longest Beard & Most Unique - 4 Tickets
- Pony Rides! - Silver will be here for pony rides - 3 Tickets
- Face Painting -TBD
- 50/50 chances all day
***50/50 raffles - 3 chances during the day to win - must be present to win. Winners announced in main stage area - times to be determined but approx 12:15, 2;15 & 4:15. One grand prize (from the top 3 50/50 winners) will be drawn and that ticket will win an inflatable kayak!
5 for 8.00
10 for 14.00
- Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Boiled Peanuts & Smoked Hot Dogs - 4 tickets ea item
- Singers - LIVE entertainment singing great songs of yesterday by Aspen Lee & Frizz Man. Let me tell you they can belt out a tune. We may have a few more but it's a work in progress.
- Vendors - come out and visit with our vendors! We have plenty coming from hand hewn wooden bowls, hand made earrings, vinyl tumblers, great shirts, sweet potoatoe cornbread, cakes & sweets, porch leaners, hand made garden flags, and more!
Tentative Schedule of Events
Best Jam or Jelly or Pie Contest
All winner's for Jam & Jelly will be picked by the public -
they will taste the jelly's & jam's, place their votes in the voting boxes & vote their favorites -
Best of each category get placement ribbons (1st, 2nd, 3rd) with a best in show overall for both categories.
Click the button below for the application. All Jelly or Jam must be home made, entry must be at least one pint,
and recipe must be included with your entry form. (see entry form)
Winner's awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
Entry form coming shortly or fill out at ticket counter
This will be judged by 2 independent judges not affiliated with the festival.
All rules are lited on the applications. Entries must be received at our jam/jelly/pie table by 12pm.
Voting closes at 2:30pm & Winner's announced 4pm.
Little Miss River 2022-23 Fun Pageant
Little Miss River Fun Pageant -
Prizes to include cash, gift certificates, a crown, sash, and more!
Rules below -
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
LITTLE MISS RIVER 2022-23
- ENTRANT SHOULD BE RESIDENT OR FULL-TIME ELEMENTARY OR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT OF THE FOLLOWING NORTHWEST GEORGIA/WEST GA COUNTIES:
HARALSON, CARROLL, HEARD, PAULDING, POLK, DOUGLAS
OR FULL TIME RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING EAST ALABAMA COUNTIES:
CLEBURNE, CLAY OR RANDOLPH
- ENTRANT MUST BE OF THE AGES 6-12 YEARS OF AGE AND BE FEMALE BY BIRTH
- ENTRANT MUST BE ON SITE BY 9:00AM WITH APPLICATION IN HAND
- NO COST FUN PAGEANT
- ENTRANT MUST BE OF GOOD CHARACTER AND POSSESS POISE, PERSONALITY, & CHARM.
- ENTRANT MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN ELEMENTARY OR MIDDLE SCHOOL.
- ENTRANT AGREES THAT SHE WILL HAND OFF HER CROWN TO THE NEXT LITTLE MISS IN OCTOBER 2023 (SPECIFIC DATE TBD)
- ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE TIME, MANNER, AND METHOD OF JUDGING SHALL BE SOLEY WITHIN THE DISCRESTION OF THE AUDIENCE AND THAT THE DECISION OF THE AUDIENCE WILL BE FINAL. ENTRANT WILL BE JUDGED ON CASUAL WEAR, INTERVIEW QUESTION/RESPONSE ON STAGE, AND OVERALL PRESENTATION.
- ENTRANT AGREES TO WEAR OVERALLS, TEE SHIRT AND OR FLANNEL SHIRT WITH BOOTS.
- LITTLE MISS RIVER AGREES TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENTS (NO MORE THAN 3 IN A 12 MONTH PERIOD) SANCTIONED BY THE RIVER OR SPECIAL EVENTS AT THE RIVER.
- LITTLE MISS RIVER QUEEN WILL REPRESENT THE LAZY RIVER FESTIVAL AND THE LAZY RIVER RENTALS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AND IF THE LITTLE MISS RIVER QUEEN IS UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE, THE FIRST ELIGIBLE RUNNER-UP WILL REPRESENT THE LAZY RIVER FESTIVAL IN ANY SANCTIONED EVENTS IF NEEDED.
Vendor Areas - If you have a preferred site please let us know ASAP
Backroads Bougie will have an official Lazy River Fall Festival
T Shirt available for purchase - these are made by Becky Jett
and all proceeds are for her small business -
please come out and support her!
Some of our vendors!
Happy Hippie Life
Tin Top Turner
Mandy's Meats & Pennington Acres
Detailed Info For The Day of our fall festival-
Vendors setup starts 7am
Little Miss River contestants be here by 9AM!!!!
Festival opens at 10am
Jam/Jelly entries in by 11:30am!
50/50 raffles all day -
Movies start about 8pm
Attending our festival is FREE! Bring a picnic basket and blanket & be prepared to make lots of memories!
20 tickets for 10.00 - most events will be around 4 tickets for each race or contest event -SAMPLE pricing - i.e...duck race 6 tickets - 3 legged or sack race 4 tickets - best beard contest 4 tickets - cotton candy 4 tickets -dunk tank 8 tickets - etc... Little Miss River no entry fee - music free! Best Jam or Jelly 4 tickets.
5 for 8.00
10 for 14.00
Most games prizes will have 1st, 2nd & 3rd place ribbons with a best in show overall where we have more than one heat in that category. This means for the year your team will be the best around at your event for one year's bragging rights!
Some events will have prizes - Little Miss River, 50/50 raffle, and possibly one more (details are still being worked on!)
It is a culmination of Lazy River employees, friends of the river, and volunteers.
Proceeds from any monies raised go back into the fund for next year. No one is getting paid to work this event. We are all donating our time, energy and personal money to put this event on.
We may possibly use one of the 50/50 raffles as a catalyst to help our next event to raise money for kids toys for Christmas (charity tbd).